Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic
We are a team of dedicated Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses qualified to provide the highest level of after hours Emergency Service for pet patients and referring Veterinary clients.
Emergency & Critical Care – Full Time Head Vet
Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic is looking for an experienced Veterinarian, with a passion for Emergency Medicine and Surgery, to fill our newly established position of Lead Emergency and Critical Care Vet. We offer a supportive working environment with an emphasis on teamwork. Our purpose is to deliver the highest quality outcome for our patients and clients during an Emergency and throughout the hospitalisation period. Our Clinic provides night time, weekend and Public Holiday cover when general practices are closed.
- In-house diagnostics (Chemistry and Haematology)
- Digital radiology
- Multi-parameter patient monitors
- Blood Typing
- Blood Products and Donors
- Spacious operating theatre
- Isolation ward and separate cat and dog wards
- To lead and support the current Veterinarians on our team
- Be responsible for ensuring consistency of clinical services among contractor vets
- In conjunction with the manager be responsible for stability of Veterinary roster
- Provide clinical leadership with Vets
- Being involved in clinical systems development and management
Skills and Experience
- Ideally 5 + years of experience as a Veterinarian
- A passion for Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- An appropriate recognised Emergency Medicine qualification or working towards the same
- The ability to deliver the highest standard of Emergency and Critical Care to our patients
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The Ability to become a part of our team and work towards common goals.
- Motivation, adaptability and positivity are a must
- Able to work in New Zealand *
What We Offer
- Generous remuneration (NZD$180k – 220k), commensurate with experience
- 6 weeks Paid Holiday Leave
- Continuing education allowance of up to $5,000 and 1-week study leave
- VIN, Vet Education & NZVA membership
- A well trained, confident team of qualified nurses who strive for the best standards
- A friendly, warm, welcoming team
What other city has 50 islands AND 48 volcanos? From the rugged west coast to the white sandy beaches of the east coast, and all the natural beauty of the Waitakeres – Auckland really does have it all.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to become part of our dedicated and caring Emergency after hours team, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter to Jedda Ford, Practice Manager.
* If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia you don’t need a visa to live and work in New Zealand.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Vet Technician jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Management jobs and Pet Marketing and Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.