- Great opportunity to build your fulfilling emergency veterinary career
- A vibrant, safe and healthy environment with incredible culture and lifestyle
- Be financially well-rewarded, and also keep a sound work-life balance
East Island 24hr Animal Hospital, the largest hospital of the Creature Comforts group, is looking for a vet who loves the excitement & satisfaction of Emergency & Critical Care medicine to join us. You will be supported by our team of over 80 veterinary professionals including vets, nurses and technicians, plus the chance to significantly enhance your own veterinary capabilities and skills.
Work-Life Balance in a Rewarding Position at the Animal Emergency Centre in Hong Kong.
East Island 24hr Animal Hospital, the largest hospital of the Creature Comforts group, is looking for a vet who loves the excitement and satisfaction of emergency and critical care medicine to join our Animal Emergency Centre team.
East Island 24hr Animal Hospital acts as the headquarters for the Creature Comforts Group practices, receiving a diverse and interesting caseload from our group branch practices, as well as a significant number of cases from referring practices.
If you’d like to see more about who we are…
It’s a good and well-equipped animal hospital I can trust. The fact that it’s open 24/7 really gives me the peace of mind. My doggie is well taken care of in his every visit to the vet. He still doesn’t enjoy seeing the vet, but at least we as his owners feel much less nervous with the professional and friendly staff there – Andy Cheng (Google Review)
About this role
Being an Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian is an exciting and dynamic role that in many ways builds on the skills of a general practitioner and takes them to a new level.
Some of the most important attributes for our Emergency and Critical Care veterinarians include:
- An enthusiasm for the excitement and challenge that emergency medicine brings
- Being able to think on your feet, determine the most appropriate course of action and having that ‘instinct’ for good veterinary medicine
- Being able to triage cases, attending to the neediest first but making sure that other cases can also be managed
- Being able to manage your own time, and being able to coordinate with a passionate team
You will be supported by our team of over 80 staff including vets, nurses and technicians, giving you exposure to a wide range of knowledge and special interests, and the opportunity to significantly grow your own capabilities and skills.
We strongly support professional and personal development in areas that interest you, such as our in-house veterinary ultrasound accreditation training program (abdominal and cardiac echo), orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, endoscopy, and critical care medicine, allowing you to gain confidence and proficiency. Many of our vets have gone on to develop their own special-interest niche areas within our practices.
Work-life balance is also very important to us. Happiness is vital, rest and days off are a must, overtime is kept to a minimum.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred, but not essential.
- A motivated individual who enjoys working up cases and providing the highest level of medical care to their patients and clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Your degree must be registrable in Hong Kong (eligible degrees include US, UK, Taiwan, Australia, NZ, South Africa)
Hong Kong is a safe working and rewarding environment, COVID is extremely low and life is good.
- Hong Kong provides a unique life experience for people wanting to experience Asia at it’s most exciting. As a British colony until 1997 the city is part Chinese, part English – making it an ideal combination of Chinese culture in a city easy to get around, clean and safe, with no difficulties for English speaking residents.
- Hong Kong’s Chek Lap Kok airport is one of the world’s busiest, providing direct flights to most major cities worldwide. Hong Kong is an ideal location from which to explore the rest of Asia. Popular weekend getaway destinations include Thailand, China, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Some of the lowest taxation rates and lowest crime rates in the world.
- Country Parks account for 40% of Hong Kong’s total area, making an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Sailing, wakeboarding, swimming, hiking, triathlon and running are all very popular pastimes.
- Dozens of international schools provide world-class education opportunities for children.
We believe in rewarding talent – emergency centre veterinarian salaries in our group are average USD$100,000 – $150,000 per year depending on your position and experience, with a maximum tax rate of 17%, making saving and wealth accumulation very achievable.
- 3.5-day work week – we believe strongly in a work-life balance and overtime is kept to a minimum. Working hours are 8.00 pm-8.00 am.
- A very generous salary, commensurate with experience. We believe in paying well for experienced staff.
- A well-trained support team – our nursing, reception and management are all extremely experienced and are here to assist the vets to work to their potential.
- Hong Kong is a safe working and rewarding environment, COVID is extremely low and life is good.
- Full assistance with relocation
It's time to apply
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position, please forward your details to Dr Faye Cable by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.