- 24-hour roster flexibility
- Part-time or full-time opportunity at the Gold Coast, QLD!
- Join our network of E&CC and Specialist Centres
This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for – live and practice where people spend their holidays! We are a team of 24-hour Emergency & Critical Care veterinarians and nurses located on the beautiful Gold Coast. Through increasing demand, we are expanding our veterinary team and you could be the next to join our fun, innovative, collaborative and supportive team.
We are a motivated team with a strong focus on best practice, further education, commitment to our patients and their families, and supporting each other through teamwork and case collaboration, from GP to Membership and Specialist level practice.
Animal Emergency Centres (AECs) provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets. Our purpose is to save pets lives using the highest standards of emergency and critical care medicine and surgery, delivered professionally and compassionately.
The dedicated emergency vets and veterinary nurses of the AEC are highly qualified and skilled in pet emergency and critical care. We provide an honest assessment of the condition of each pet and will work with clients to tailor a plan that is appropriate to their situation.
We understand the importance of pets as a member of the family and treat them with the up-to-date knowledge, care and compassion we would give our own pets.
Excellent customer service & kept up to date with everything going on. Our dog had 2 major surgeries but we felt confident & informed throughout the whole time he was there. Highly recommend – Bobbi-Jane Schulte (Google Review)
About this role
This could be your dream job!
- 24-hour roster flexibility
- Opportunity for full or part time permanent hours
- Be part of a large network of ECC and Specialist Centres
- 24-hour care, dedicated Emergency and Critical Care team
- Be part of a highly qualified, enthusiastic, professional and supportive team
- Visa application, relocation and quarantine support provided where required
The successful applicant will have experience working in an emergency environment.
The ultimate lifestyle on the Gold Coast…
- The beach is 10 minutes away from the clinic (Google it, seriously).
- Estuaries for a relaxing paddle, surf or family gathering.
- Amazing hinterland offering fresh produce from the farmers market, perhaps?
- Maybe some mountain biking through the bush followed by a hearty lunch.
- Excellent schools, vibrant art culture and a relaxed, holiday atmosphere.
- Fishing, hiking, trail running tracks, unparalleled views and coastal scenery.
Our successful candidate will have access to:
- An attractive salary of $110- $130K pa (pro-rata) dependent on experience + $2K sign-on bonus!
- Five weeks annual leave plus one week’s study leave.
- Financial assistance with relocation and VISA sponsorship.
- Extensive internal CE offering.
- MANZCVS scholarships.
- Improve Internal Membership preparation course (12 months)
- Cost of AVA membership covered yearly.
It's time to apply
If this role is the right one for you and you would like to become part of the dynamic AEC Gold Coast team, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to Belinda Bass, Practice Manager.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.