Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian
- Supportive and dynamic team environment
- Varied, interesting and professionally rewarding role
- Strong network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
Looking for a sea change? Want to work and play in one of Australia’s most famous holiday destinations? Why not come to stunning Noosa on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and have the best of everything! We are offering a mix of ECC and GP shifts so that you can have the work-life balance you’ve been seeking all while based in beautiful Noosa. It’s time to join our team.
We are seeking experienced Veterinarians to join our passionate team and experience the growth and success of our hospital. We are offering an excellent work-life balance where you get to work in our purpose-built facility and spend your free time exploring the hinterland, beaches and local hot spots. You won’t find another opportunity quite like this one.
Animal Emergency Centres (AECs) provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets. Our purpose is to save pets lives using the highest standards of emergency and critical care medicine and surgery, delivered professionally and compassionately.
The dedicated emergency vets and veterinary nurses of the AEC are highly qualified and skilled in pet emergency and critical care. We provide an honest assessment of the condition of each pet and will work with clients to tailor a plan that is appropriate to their situation.
We understand the importance of pets as a member of the family and treat them with the up-to-date knowledge, care and compassion we would give our own pets.
We have raced our Staffy cattle dog cross Jaz to AEC Noosa twice this year, both times in life-threatening situations. The whole team have been quick to act, wonderful and thoughtful, the vets are amazing! Our 14 years plus old Jaz lives on, thanks to all at AEC – 5 stars all round! – Meri Eyles (Google Review)
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Veterinarian, experience in Emergency is essential
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- The ability to multitask and to demonstrate initiative
- Enthusiastic to continue learning and commit to advancing clinic skills
Noosa, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, is surrounded by stunning beaches, lakes, national parks and the lush hinterland of Noosa National Park. If you are looking for adventure, there’s plenty to do. Learn to surf or try stand-up paddleboarding; sail the beautiful waters of Laguna Bay; kayak in the Noosa Everglades; join a sunset cruise or go swimming with humpback whales. For those wanting a more relaxed experience, Noosa is home to superb day spas, world-class golf courses, stylish shopping and delicious cuisine.
- Costs of travel and any quarantine accommodation costs associated with interstate travel
- Competitive remuneration ($110k – $125k based on shifts worked and experience)
- $2000 sign on bonus for permanent full-time roles
- $1500 CE allowance
- AVA Membership
- A varied, interesting and rewarding role
- A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Training & professional development opportunities
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
It's time to apply
If you are looking for a new & exciting challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to Daniel Chapman, Business Manager.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.