- Escape to tropical North Queensland! Stunning beaches on your doorstep!
- Part-time 12-month fixed term parental leave opportunity available
- Enthusiastic and passionate about high quality practice
If you’re looking for your next veterinary position with an ensured work-life balance and the opportunity to explore the best of what Queensland, Australia has to offer this is the position for you! Due to parental leave cover, we now have a part-time 12-month fixed-term position available! Join our warm, friendly and welcoming team of talented veterinary professionals.
Keen to relocate to paradise with the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays on your doorstep?
Located in Hyde Park, a suburb of Townsville, located in Tropical North Queensland a great place to live for singles and families with tropical weather almost all year round. Located only a short distance from some of Australia’s most stunning beaches, coral reefs, islands and national parks.
Our Greencross Hyde Park clinic is purpose-built with a grooming section, ISO, small and large dog wards, separate cat ward, laboratory and a separate Doggy Dare care business at the premises that we often receive referrals from. We have a large undercover area that we use for behaviour classes and a pool for hydrotherapy. Our facilities include Ultrasound, Xray machines, Dental X ray and a fully equipped surgery. We have an in-clinic laboratory, 2 mixed pet consult rooms and 1 Cat only consult room as we are a Gold Accredited cat clinic.
Greencross is Australia’s largest integrated pet care provider with a network of retail stores (Petbarn and City Farmers), veterinary practices (Greencross Vets), animal hospitals and grooming salons across the country. At Greencross we encourage clinical independence and live by our values, our PACKT: Passion, Authentic, Caring, Knowledge and Togetherness.
Caring and attentive personal provide a professional service consistently – Simon Putscher (Google Review)
You are a compassionate Veterinarian professional with a minimum of 4 years’ experience including sole charge with strong leadership skills. You love working with a team that values accountability, learning and initiative and are looking for guaranteed work-life balance in a supportive network.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Confident in your ability to be sole charge and have a minimum of 4 years’ clinical experience
- Committed to providing gold standards of care to our clients and pets
- An excellent time manager with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate about high-quality practice
- Client-focused and dedicated to providing positive outcomes
- Accountable and adaptable with a proactive attitude
Must be registered or be eligible for veterinary registration in Australia.
At Greencross Vets, we strive to provide a collaborative, supportive workplace with genuine clinical freedom. We provide opportunities to give back to the community through the Petbarn Foundation and our Employee Volunteer Program.
- Competitive salary of up to $90Kpa pro-rata + benefits dependent on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave, inclusive of 1-week study leave
- Invitation to our exclusive, annual Greencross Vets symposium
- CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
- Streamlined relocation and visa assistance, where required
- Mental health first aid officer available in each clinic
- Free and Confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
It's time to apply
If this sounds like the position for you, we’d love to hear from you – to learn more about us and why you should join our fantastic team visit our website and social media profiles via the above icons.
For further information on our opportunities please contact Holly Mahupuku, Talent Acquisition Consultant at VetRecruitment@gxltd.com.au
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.