- Excellent standards of patient care with warm and friendly customer service
We are currently looking for a full-time Veterinary Nurse/Trainee Nurse to join our team who is passionate & dedicated to ensuring the well being of our patients. You have a keen desire to deliver excellent standards of patient care, and you are locally available for on-call. Bountiful learning opportunity, fast-paced workload, lots of opportunities to develop your skills as a Veterinary Nurse.
Farriervet located at Lancaster, Victoria is a purpose-built, fully-equipped rural clinic. The workload is mainly small animal with equine, some ruminant, wildlife and exotics. A large breeder clientele guarantees many cesareans and reproductive procedures.
The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for high-level patient and client care and the desire to provide exemplary customer service. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team whilst demonstrating strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Fully Qualified Vet Nurse or training in Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
- You’re caring, empathetic and very perceptive. You’re as good with people as you are with their pets with a genuine love for animals and their owners
- A keen desire to deliver excellent standards of patient care with warm and friendly customer service
- Exceptional English, grammar, spelling and year 12 Mathematics is essential
- Competent computer skills (Reckon)
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet
- You are confident with animal handling skills, eg restraint for small procedures
- The maturity to professionally liaise with a broad customer base.
- A proven ability to be a team player, ability to work confidently unsupervised
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The flexibility to work on a rotational roster including some weekends shifts
- 3 Referees
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.