Veterinarian – Small Animal
- Talented Small Animal veterinary team seeking a like-minded Veterinarian
- A focus on wellness and preventive care
- Experience genuine work-life balance in an exceptional destination
Join our thriving Small Animal Veterinary Clinic here in Alice Springs in the heart of the Northern Territory. We take a progressive approach to practice Veterinary Medicine, creating treatment solutions that focus on the entire wellness of pets in our care. We have a great practice culture and remarkable nursing team to support you, all in a great lifestyle environment.
Join us in the most Covid-free or Covid-safe place possibly anywhere in the world!
At Desert Oaks Veterinary Clinic we take a complete approach to animal health which we prefer to call Integrative Medicine. We always prepare an individualised plan for diagnosis and treatment that is formulated for every pet and discussed in detail with our clients.
We have built a solid reputation for providing quality veterinary care and this is reflected in the high level of customer support and referrals that keeps us nicely busy.
We recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know our strengths and resources, and on occasion, we willingly refer more complicated surgeries or cases in order to balance our caseload.
Outstanding service. We took a dog in to have her teeth cleaned and the result was amazing. I would highly recommend this vet. I am from Adelaide and have not seen such a good result or had such a comprehensive consult – Eva Maria Hartung (Google Review)
About this role
As a qualified Veterinarian, you already have a sound grasp of the wide range of skills and abilities that this role entails. In particular, the key talents and abilities that we are seeking are:
- High level of integrity and compassion in managing clients, staff.
- Working up cases and offering sound treatment options
- Emphasis on preventive care
- Sound diagnostic skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Accurate record-keeping and attention to detail
- Team leadership
- Training and mentorship to staff
Our preference is for an experienced practitioner and someone who is comfortable working on a sole charge basis.
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Veterinarian. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, fellow team member and management
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey core veterinary concepts to customers in an easily understandable and highly professional way
- Integrity, and knowing what that means to everyone
- Knowing your measure, working independently but also knowing when to call for
- Recognizing your strengths, knowing your shortcomings and continually striving to
- Trusting your knowledge, your colleagues and your common sense
Surrounded by stunning red desert country as well as the incredible MacDonnell Ranges, Alice Springs is great for the adventurer. If hiking and camping in some of the most remote wilderness still left in Australia appeals to you, or swimming in ancient, crystal clear waterholes, a stint in Alice Springs is for you.
A world-class art scene with international festivals such as the acclaimed Beanie Festival, showcasing work from surrounding indigenous communities; international film festivals as well as theatre, ballet and opera are all on offer.
Amazing cafes and bakeries, restaurants, and colourful local markets all add to the strong sense of community that pervades the town; and as far as sporting facilities, we have world-class trail running and mountain bike trails; hockey, football, tennis, gyms, everything you’d find anywhere else.
Also excellent schools, medical and hospital facilities.
In order to attract talented Veterinary Professionals like you, we have a flexible approach to remuneration based on your expertise and potential – typically this will include…
- A Salary Package in the range of $120-140k
- 5 Weeks’ Annual Leave fully paid
- 1 Week Paid Study Leave including flights
- Your own private accommodation
- Option for Performance Bonuses or Profit Share
We are also quite prepared to explore other remuneration alternatives that may better suit your needs which we will be happy to discuss as our relationship develops.
In addition, there is the option for you to buy into the practice if you desire to have an equity stake in the business, either immediately or at an appropriate time in the future.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.