Emergency Veterinary Nurse
- At Veterinary Specialists of Sydney (VSOS) everything we do is based upon the belief in our team
- We love to work as a team and bounce ideas off one-another; sharing of knowledge, technique and experience
- A sense of humour is important, as is the ability to have fun. We are a great team who are full of enthusiasm
VSOS is growing rapidly and we have several exciting opportunities for full-time or part-time Veterinary Nurses to join our brand-new purpose-built specialist and emergency hospital in the south of Sydney. We are passionate about providing high-quality, cutting-edge care and pride ourselves at being innovative and leaders in our veterinary professions and specialities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time or part-time emergency veterinary nurse to join our rapidly growing and amazing team.
You will be based in our state-of-the-art 24hr emergency and specialist hospital which has a brand new 1.5T MRI, 64 slice CT, fluoroscopy, endoscopy, digital radiology and ultrasound just to name a few. At the Advanced Treatment Centre (ATC) we are passionate about providing high-quality, cutting-edge care and pride ourselves at being innovative and leaders in our profession.
At Veterinary Specialists of Sydney (VSOS), everything we do is based upon the belief in our team. This belief centres on treating our staff, clients and referring veterinarians as part of our VSOS family and strive to deliver the best outcomes every single time. If your wish is to join a family-like culture, then please reach out to us.
Can’t thank the team at VSOS enough. The care and compassion the whole team showed to not only my cat but also myself was amazing. Missy was so sick and thanks to their wonderful veterinary skills she’s doing great. They kept me updated on her progress every step of the way. Highly recommend! – Jo Peel (Google Review)
About this role
- Providing high-quality nursing care; collecting vitals, recognising trends, physical exams
- Triage incoming patients through ER
- Communicate clearly with doctors, owners and all staff
- Assist with diagnostic testing including sample collection, catheter placement, venipuncture, radiography, submitting and running lab work
- Ensuring documentation is accurate and complete
- Assisting with various procedures as needed
The ideal candidate will have an open mind, be adaptable, willing to learn, be a team player and have great communication skills. We love to work as a team and bounce ideas off one another; sharing of knowledge, technique and experience with each other is vital.
- Certificate IV nursing is essential with a minimum of 2 years in-hospital experience
- Prefer experience in working in an emergency setting, but not required
- A strong interest in emergency medicine
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Remuneration for a suitably qualified emergency vet nurse will be above average. We value a great work-life balance and flexibility!
It's time to apply
Feel free call 02 8376 8767 for an informal chat.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.