- Fast-paced clinic providing outstanding care
- Interesting & varied case load, opportunity to develop your special areas of interest
- Flexibility to opt for a Part Time or Full Time working arrangement
Our tight-knit team is looking for a passionate Vet who loves to work on unique & exciting cases and is seeking the challenges of a fast-paced clinic. We are a community-minded clinic, which provides outstanding care to its patients. Our team is highly skilled & prides itself on providing the highest standard of care to its patients, we like to share cases & continually learn & grow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Veterinarian who has experience in a busy clinic environment and is looking to expand their special areas of interest. You will have the flexibility to opt for a Part-Time or Full-Time role, and we offer great work-life balance, with no after-hours work.
Frank Samways is a purpose-built, modern facility located in North Melbourne, close to public transport and Melbourne CBD. In addition to caring for privately owned pets, the team at Frank Samways Vet Clinic occasionally look after stray animals that come in through our organisation The Lost Dogs’ Home.
Our Veterinary team has a ‘see one, do one, teach one’ approach when it comes to learning new surgery techniques and we are always encouraging our Vets to bounce ideas off each other and to develop their special areas of interest.
We have a very close-knit vet and nurse team, we have fun at work, laugh, joke and cry (not often) a lot, and bubble tea /junk food Friday’s are a must!
Ever since I adopted my dog, the team at Frank Samways have been nothing but supportive, caring and understanding. They’ve seen my dog Levi for behavioural, skin, and digestive issues and have been empathetic and helpful no matter how many frantic phone calls they received from me. They made every hurdle with my dog’s health manageable and I couldn’t be more grateful! So thankful that I found a vet clinic that cares about my dog as much as I do! – Ana Tinc (Google Review)
About this role
We are seeking a Vet who is committed to delivering positive outcomes for our patients and is great at establishing and maintaining relationships with clients.
A typical day at Franks looks like:
- Providing medical consultations and performing surgery in a timely manner, with regular slots during the day for case management and lab follow up
- Surgery Vet will look after all in-patients and work with the nurse team leader to complete the day’s surgeries & procedures
- Providing guidance and mentorship within the vet team
- Must be registered with the Victorian Veterinary Board
- Well-developed clinical skills
- 2 – 3 years’ experience is preferable
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and has the desire to be part of a passionate team
- Excellent time management & communication skills
- Great work-life balance, an RDO each week, one in 4 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and no after-hours work
- Excellent remuneration, including support and financial assistance for approved studies and developmental activities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Unique work environment, supporting a great cause
- Professional and supportive team environment
It's time to apply
If you are interested in the excitement and challenges of this fast-paced role, please click on the Apply Now button to head to The Lost Dogs’ Home careers page to apply, ensuring when you get there to include a copy of a current cover letter and resume. If you have any questions regarding this role, please email email@example.com
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.