- Opportunity to assist with a wide variety of medical and surgical cases
- Fantastic facilities and modern diagnostic equipment
- Dedication to your career development
We are a dynamic team that thrives on going above & beyond to keep pets healthy & owners educated and happy. The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy environment & will excel in all aspects of veterinary nursing & customer service. Enjoy the opportunity to assist with a wide variety of medical & surgical cases in our fantastic facilities & using modern diagnostic equipment.
Experienced Full-Time Vet Nurse with Compassion and Enthusiasm
Our family-run hospital prides itself on long term relationships with our clients and their pets. Our high standards of patient care, along with an emphasis on demonstrating compassion, empathy and teamwork are the values we stand by.
“We are dedicated to caring gently for your pet with expertise and kindness.”
Don’t just take our word on it – have a look at what our clients say about us:
The team at the Ark Vet are all professional, welcoming and friendly. They listen to our concerns and takes the time to let our cat calm down before they start assessing him, asks to previous concerns raised etc. Overall, we feel very well looked after and highly recommend this practice.
Joe and his team at Ark Vet are professional, friendly and kind. Our dog has received excellent care every time he has visited – he loves going there, and they have always taken time to make sure we understand the options and what is recommended. I happily recommend this practice.
About this role
The role includes:
- Pre and post-op patient care, bandaging, nurse consultations and customer education of nutrition and preventative treatments
- IV catheter placement, fluid setup, blood collection and in-house diagnostics
- Admission and discharge of hospital patients
- Assisting with surgical cases, including intubation and anaesthetic monitoring
- Customer service and reception responsibilities
- General cleaning and maintenance of the hospital environment
Qualities you have:
- Hold a Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- Hold client communication and education in the highest regard
- Thrive in a busy work environment
- Willing to go the extra mile for the love and pride in what you do
- Energetic, friendly and motivated team player
- Community-minded with a desire to make a difference
What we can offer you:
- A fun and busy work environment
- The opportunity to assist with a wide variety of medical and surgical cases
- Fantastic facilities and modern diagnostic equipment for an interesting and challenging workplace
- Dedication to your career development through ongoing training and continuing education
- Above award wages
- Access to a mental wellness program and regular team check-ins
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.