- Do you fancy living in a clean and healthy environment in these COVID times?
- Do you deserve to work with a happy, supportive team of people who give professional care to all patients and clients?
- Discover all the wonderful benefits of life in the Kimberley
We are a 2 Vet practice seeking an experienced, qualified Vet Nurse to join our genuinely fabulous team. You are a professional, kind, caring and gentle Nurse. A team player, a capable surgical Nurse, thorough in your record keeping, a clear communicator and happy to work collaboratively with all the team to investigate, identify and treat all cases.
One of our current nursing team is off to add to her family, so it is time to find our new team member.
The Kimberley Vet Centre in Kununurra was established by myself, Sarah Brett, in 1991, and since then I have lived, worked, and inherited a mango farm here, so I have now been here for 30 of my 33 years as a vet! With Desanka Mijovic, my Head Nurse of 18 years, at my side, we operate a diverse and interesting, primarily small animal practice, which is full of laughter, light and humour. Our team really does pride ourselves on having a life, as well as a job in a busy vet practice, and we truly support each other in all aspects of doing so- both personally and professionally.
Our team of Nurses is a perfect balance of wisdom and youth, who manage the machinations of the practice without friction or infighting. Our Nurses are all highly valued and trusted, and support our Vet team very capably by performing many of the routine procedures such as installing IVs, doing bandage changes and so on. They are a great asset to our clinic and are treated as such.
These days I manage the practice but rarely perform surgery, preferring to practice Holistic medicine, do routine consults and treat medical cases, if it is not mango season when I am also found picking and packing mangoes. All those within our practice love the region we live in, spend time exploring and enjoying it, and share our work load to enable each other to do so.
Head Nurse Desanka Mijovic, who has lived in the Kimberley for 48 years, says:
“After 18 years I have not lost my passion for walking to the clinic each day, working hard with my lovely team of girls, and caring for the interesting and diverse range of patients and clientele that we deal with each and every day in the Kimberley. Sarah and I have supported each other through many ups and downs, and after all this time working together we are still a solid and happy team. I can highly recommend our practice to anyone who wants to come and see this beautiful area and work with amazing people.”
About this role
As a Veterinary Professional, you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a talented and capable Vet Nurse. Here are some of the key skills and abilities that we are seeking that are particularly relevant to this opportunity:
- Confident and capable Surgical Nurse
- Some experience with in-house Pathology would be advantage, we have our marvelous Abaxis machine now
- Someone with FB/social media/computer skills would be highly valued as our departing Nurse manages our FB page and our rescue site and posts
- Someone adaptable to the unique conditions of being a remote Nurse (ie staying on top of orders etc as you can’t just magic up the things you don’t have!)
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Veterinary Nurse. In addition, these personal qualities are similarly important to us:
- Team player who is able to communicate clearly, consistently and openly with all team members and clients
- Someone who is willing to join our supportive, positive and happy team and work with us to maintain this environment of mutual support
- Self motivated and honest worker who is willing to take on all the diverse aspects of vet nursing tasks without exception and provide great customer service
- Someone who would appreciate all the wonderful benefits of life in the Kimberley and is looking to find somewhere to stay long term
The Kimberley is truly a place like no other, and offers the perfect environment for those that love to play in the great outdoors. It is a paradise for camping, fishing, bush walking and exploring that offers 1000s of square kilometres in which to do so. Our practice range extends from Halls Creek in the south, to Wyndham in the west, Kalumburu in the north and across to the Northern Territory border and beyond.
This area contains some of the most awe inspiring country imaginable including attractions like Lake Argyle, The Bungle Bungles, The Gibb River road, El Questro Station and so much more. All of these are readily accessible by road from Kununurra as a base, and available to you to visit with our flexible employment terms.
Our community is highly social and has many active sporting clubs, community groups, and volunteer organisations. So far we have survived these diabolical COVID times virtually unscathed, and the Kimberley is one of the safest, cleanest, healthiest environments that you could wish to live in in these current crazy times.
- A genuine supportive environment where we pride ourselves on maintaining a positive life-work balance
- Consistency and dedication to our clients, patients and each other, ask our Head Nurse Desanka Mijovic who has been with me for 18 years!
- Above award wages, remuneration for out of hours on call and call outs and flexibility if the right employee has family in WA that they need time off to visit etc
- The best staff parties ever, fun staff meetings and we always have legendary Melbourne Cup celebrations which are put on by the boss!
It's time to apply
If you would like to explore new horizons, in a clean and healthy environment, and work with great people in an awesome clinic, then this job is for you. Go on, contact us now, we promise you wont regret it!
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.