- Talented Small Animal veterinary team seeking a like-minded Veterinarian
- A focus on wellness and preventive care
- Experience genuine work-life balance in an exceptional destination
Join our thriving Small Animal Veterinary Clinic in the heart of the Northern Territory, here in Alice Springs. We take a progressive approach to practicing Integrative Medicine, creating treatment solutions that focus on the entire wellness of pets in our care. We have a great practice culture and remarkable nursing team to support you, all in a great lifestyle environment.
At Desert Oaks Veterinary Clinic we take a holistic approach to animal health which we prefer to call Integrative Medicine and incorporates Allopathic or Western Clinical Medicine as well as Herbal Medicine and ‘Species Appropriate’ diets. An individualised plan for diagnosis and treatment is formulated for every pet and discussed in detail with our clients.
We operate our clinic with a focus on Wellness using an ‘integrative’ approach with a blend of Western and Eastern medicine providing a holistic solution, including Traditional Chinese Herbal medicine, Nutritional Therapy plus a full range of surgical procedures.
We have built a solid reputation for providing quality veterinary care and this is reflected in the high level of customer support and referrals that keeps us nicely busy.
We recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know our strengths and resources, and on occasion, we willingly refer more complicated surgeries or cases in order to balance our caseload.
Outstanding service. We took a dog in to have her teeth cleaned and the result was amazing. I would highly recommend this vet. I am from Adelaide and have not seen such a good result or had such a comprehensive consult – Eva Maria Hartung (Google Review)
About this role
As a qualified Veterinarian, you already have a sound grasp of the wide range of skills and abilities that this role entails. In particular, the key talents and abilities that we are seeking are:
- Advanced diagnostic skills
- Organisation and planning
- Orthopedic surgery ( Not essential but very useful ) – we have the ability to refer difficult/complicated cases to an A-Class hospital in town or refer specialist cases to Darwin or Adelaide
- Preventive care – would be great to find someone with an interest in holistic Vet care (herbal medicine, acupuncture, species-appropriate nutrition, etc )
- Record keeping and attention to detail
- Soft tissue surgery
- Team leadership
- Training and mentorship
- Working up cases and developing corresponding treatments
Our preference is for an experienced practitioner and someone who is comfortable working on a sole charge basis.
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Veterinarian. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, fellow team member and management
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey core veterinary concepts to customers in an easily understandable and highly professional way
- Integrity, and knowing what that means to everyone
- Knowing your measure, working independently but also knowing when to call for
- Recognizing your strengths, knowing your shortcomings and continually striving to
- Trusting your knowledge, your colleagues and your common sense
An interest in holistic medicine, whilst not a particular requirement for this role, is encouraged and assistance in gaining knowledge or training in this area can be provided.
Surrounded by ochre sands and hauntingly beautiful mountain ranges Alice Springs is a city perhaps surprisingly full of arts, events and culture despite its remoteness. Framed by the MacDonnell Ranges and the remarkable desert landscape of our stunning Northern Territory, our practice is located in Alice Springs central.
Our city and the local community has so much to offer including a wide range of activities, excellent dining options and so much to explore – there is something to suit everyone, individuals, couples and families alike.
In order to attract talented Veterinary Professionals like you, we have a flexible approach to remuneration based on your expertise and potential – typically this will include…
- A salary range in the order of $80-120k
- 4 Weeks’ Annual Leave + Sick Leave
- 1 Week Paid Study Leave
- Option for Performance Bonuses or Profit Share
We are also quite prepared to explore other remuneration alternatives that may better suit your needs which we will be happy to discuss as our relationship develops.
In addition, there is the option for you to buy into the practice if you desire to have an equity stake in the business, either immediately or at an appropriate time in the future.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.