Veterinary Receptionist & Consult Nurse
- Opportunity to be part of a great supportive team
- Continuing education is supported and encouraged
- Flexible working and holiday arrangements
We need a superstar Receptionist/Consult Nurse who loves interacting with our clients and their pets. There will also be the availability to do occasional surgical nursing duties. We are seeking someone looking for a long-term position with room to grow and develop. If you have a passion for people and animals, then this is an amazing opportunity!
Girraween Veterinary Hospital requires a super star receptionist to join our fabulous team based at Girraween Road Howard Springs, Northern Territory.
Our veterinary hospital is set on more than two tropical and serene hectares; the relaxed atmosphere makes an ideal setting for a veterinary hospital. We are primarily a small animal practice catering to all breeds and types of dogs, cats and birds and include exotics such as reptiles, rabbits and turtles.
It is the mission of Girraween Veterinary Hospital to set the standard of care and excellence in the animal health industry by providing outstanding customer service to all of our clients. We will serve our community by promoting our preventative medical services and the well-being of each individual through quality, personalised, efficient and friendly services.
Excellent staff lovely people, very impressed by there care, and knowledge, best vet service I been to, highly recommend them – Paul Williamson (Google Review)
About this role
We need someone to:
- Be the “face of Girraween Vets” and run the front of house
- Be able to talk about money and take payments without guilt or awkwardness
- Educate and Communicate with clients effectively and in a friendly caring manner
- Answer the phone and make bookings and answer enquiries
- Follow protocols and procedures, make recommendations for improvements.
- Keep reception area clean and tidy and in an organised manner
- Be able to show empathy and support to clients without getting distressed emotionally
- Run the membership program and all the monthly reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Reconcile the daily takings quickly and effectively
- Keep the SOC’s and reminders up to date
- Be confident and proficient in nurse consulting
- Be able to perform surgical duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in EFTPOS
- Has had phone training and customer experience training
- Experience in running meetings or willing to learn
- Proficient in social media
- Proficient in video and photo software
Our Superstar Receptionist/consult nurse will be someone who is:
- A qualified certificate II/IV veterinary nursing
- Happy and professional
- A fabulous communicator who works to a high standard both independently and as part of a team
- Someone who thrives on delivering an amazing customer experience with every interaction
- Someone who is computer literate and has great attention to detail
Intrinsic Strengths Required:
- Be a Friendly, people person that can keep our clients happy
- Good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently
- Be able quickly and efficiently
- Be a team player
- Be organised
- Be intelligent and have common sense
- Be literate and have numeracy literacy
- Be motivated
- Be goal orientated
- Be honest and have integrity
What you will get:
- A complete duty list
- A cleaning schedule
- Negotiable hours
- Flexible holiday system in place, flexible with days off
- Probation period of 6 months
- Staff Reviews 3 then 6 monthly
- Staff huddles daily, monthly staff meetings, nurse receptionist meetings monthly
- Renumeration above award
- Opportunity and support for continuing education
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.