Veterinarian – Small Animal
- Come and work and live by the sea
- Work with a growing team in a well equipped practice
- Lovely devoted Clients
We are a privately-owned group of small animal general practice clinics. Our service is client-centred with the aim to provide considered and tailored veterinary health care solutions to all pets, delivered with empathy and exceptional care. We are growing and it is now time for us to add a Veterinarian who is passionate about being a great General Practitioner.
Small Animal General Practitioner
We are a group of three family-owned small animal practices spread across the greater Brisbane district. We have grown our two sole charge practices to a point where they need a second Vet each. Our senior Vet is moving into a management position and needs to be replaced with someone with experience.
We are a privately owned group of small animal general practice clinics. Our service is client-centred – with the aim to provide considered and tailored health care solutions to all pets, delivered with empathy and exceptional care. We value personal and practice development, and this is supported in the clinic with training, mentorship, and continual advances in clinic equipment.
Our group consists of three clinics in South East Queensland; located in Nundah, New Farm and Cleveland. Across our group we have a team of 24 including Vets, Nurses, Technicians and additional support staff.
I went for the first time to this vet. I took my dog with skin allergy and ear infection. He is scared of vets due to previous experiences and they did an enormous effort to make him feel comfortable. The nurse and vet were super friendly and gave him plenty of treats. Today he is feeling a lot better with the medication prescribed. I will be back to this vet in the future – Diego Rey (Google Review)
About this role
These personal qualities are similarly important to us:
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, fellow team member and management
- An adept learner willing to explore new horizons and accept change when based on sound professional foundations
- Knowing that great results are only achieved through teamwork accomplished through mutual respect
- You know your measure, can work independently but you also know when to call for assistance
- You respond to the real setbacks that we all know happen with positivity and grace
- A sound problem-solving ability that is used in Medical Workups
- Good skills with regards to Veterinary Dentistry, including performing and interpreting dental x-rays applying local blocks, performing surgical extractions
- A broad range of competencies in soft tissue surgery
- Skills in interpreting laboratory results and cytology
- The position is full-time, with a rotating roster of weekend work
- Predominantly based at our Cleveland clinic with potential for work across the three clinics down the track
- General shifts will see you consulting and carrying out medical and surgical procedures
- Start date is negotiable
- We are a family-friendly business and can offer flexible rostering
- We encourage autonomy and creativity
- Be compassionate, and have an easy-going yet professional attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills for client and team relations
- Continually provide high standards of patient and client care
- Be adaptable and able to use your initiative
- Be available to a variety of work shifts between 7am – 5pm and 8.30 to 630pm Monday to Friday, and some weekends
- Be QLD Vet Board approved
Come and work by the sea. Our Cleveland practice is situated in Cleveland which is the gateway to Moreton Bay. Our suburb offers opportunities for spouses to gain employment. We have lots of vibrant industries and many sectors of employment are well represented in our area such as trades and education opportunities.
- Above award wages commensurate with experience and skills (includes super, annual leave, education support and study leave)
- A well-established client base
- Qualified, highly skilled and very supportive Nurses and Technicians
- A whole suite of high level clinic equipment such as: private consultation rooms, separate surgical theatre, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house laboratory equipment (IDEXX), modern monitoring equipment, RxWorks PMS and much more
- In-clinic support network of highly skilled and knowledgeable Veterinarians, with in-clinic access to an ever-growing resource library
- External support through strong relationships with after-hours clinics and veterinary specialists
- Commitment to continuing to improve the health and well-being of our patients, clients and employees
It's time to apply
If you think this job suits your career development, and you are ready to join our progressive team, please forward your application to Selena Steiner (Business Owner and Veterinarian – m: 0411 123 121).
All applications will be treated confidentially, however please ensure your CV does include a minimum of three references that we are able to contact.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.