- North Coast Veterinary Specialists is a growing team of veterinarians, nurses and customer service staff
- We are seeking a leader to complete the circle and manage our medicine team on the beautiful Sunshine Coast
We are seeking a leader to manage our medicine team here on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. This position encompasses the management and supervision of the medicine nursing team. We require an individual with a positive attitude who is able to work in a team environment as we strive to provide comprehensive and first class specialist veterinary care.
North Coast veterinary Specialists is a growing team of Veterinarians, Nurses and Customer Service staff who strive to provide the best standard of care to their clients, their referring Veterinarians and their staff.
Established in 2006, North Coast Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre is dedicated to serving the needs of Queensland Veterinarians and their clients, offering specialist surgical and referral-only veterinary services in medicine, dentistry, ophthalmology and physiotherapy, at the only dedicated facility of its kind north of Brisbane.
We have grown over the years and now need to recruit and expand our team.
I took my beautiful 16 year old dog in with a large tumour, I was honestly expecting the worst. But Craig and Nima were amazing, they both operated on my baby (that same day) and saved her life. Their work and care was beyond friendly, beyond just doing their job, beyond anything I expected. My girl is home with us where she belongs. All of the supporting staff (from admin to the nurses) were amazing also. They will never understand what they have done for our family. I highly recommend these guys! – Birshen Thomas (Google Review)
About this role
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- This position is a leadership position with a role that encompasses the management and supervision of the medicine nursing team
- We require an individual with a positive attitude who is able to work in a team environment nurturing the core values of positive team culture, accountability, honesty and reliability
- Team leaders are also called on to undertake general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and expertise:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent with 3+ years of experience working as a Veterinary Nurse or in a leadership/management position
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures and ability to facilitate training as required
- A calm demeanor with an aptitude to customer service and client care
Stretching from the coastal city of Caloundra, near Brisbane, to the Great Sandy National Park in the north, the Sunshine Coast is home to pretty villages, renowned surf spots and spectacular rural hinterland. The Sunshine Coast has a packed calendar of great events ranging from foodie festivals to sports and the arts. It really is a genuinely fulfilling lifestyle and a destination that is ideal for individuals, couples and families alike.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Brisbane, Queensland or Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Victoria or Hobart, Tasmania or Adelaide, South Australia or Perth West Australia or Darwin, Northern Territory and all points in between, as well as across all of New Zealand, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across Australia and New Zealand and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.