- Mixture of general practice and shelter work
- Opportunity to further develop your surgical skills
- Genuine Work-Life Balance
Join our highly experienced and fun veterinary team, work in an empathetic and friendly environment and be a part of an organisation that is making a real difference in the lives of animals and the people who care for them. If you possess the skills, experience, passion and dedication to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you!
Second Chance Animal Rescue (SCAR) is a community focused animal welfare charity that was established in 2008; we are committed to achieving our mission to enrich the lives of companion animals by reducing overpopulation, increase adoptions and engage the hearts, hands and minds of the community. Our organisation is at an exciting point of growth and development and we are looking for a dedicated, like-minded veterinarian to join us on this exciting journey. Are you a veterinarian whose core values align with ours –“Inspire, Teamwork, Leadership, Compassion, Respect and Excellence”? If so we want to hear from you!
SCAR has opened a brand new, purpose-built, not-for-profit Community Animal Hospital in Craigieburn, Victoria. Over the last 12 years we have focused mainly on rescuing and rehoming displaced animals – over 10,000 cats and dogs to be precise! Whilst this focus remains important, the Community Animal Hospital has meant that we can now provide full-service, high-quality veterinary care ranging from routine vaccinations, desexing and health checks, to diagnostics and soft tissue surgeries.
In the four years that I have worked at SCAR I have met and worked alongside some amazing people. It is so refreshing to work with a team that really care about one another and in a supportive environment where you can actually see your hard work paying off. – Gabby Toth, Veterinary Receptionist, SCAR Community Animal Hospital
About this role
This role is a part-time position where you will be closely involved with SCAR as we grow and you will play a key role in improving and expanding the vital support programs we provide to our community. Some weekend work required. Remuneration of the successful candidate will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. Organisational induction, ongoing training and learning programs are available to support personal and career development.
This role is flexible and applicants looking for full-time or casual employment are also welcome to apply.
We are on the hunt for a friendly and passionate veterinarian who loves working as a part of a team but is also comfortable working autonomously.
Skills and experience:
- Full unrestricted Australian work rights
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a qualified veterinarian
- Strong general surgery skills and good behaviour medication knowledge
- A genuine passion for sharing your knowledge and the education of other staff
- Sound emotional maturity and a passion for animal welfare
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- $75-$95k plus Super
- 4 weeks paid annual leave
- 1 week paid Continuing Education leave
- A contribution towards skills development external courses
- Fun and exciting team – we proudly support a fun and exciting work environment ensuring a great working atmosphere for our team
- Work-Life balance – we strongly encourage a strong work/life balance, lunch breaks are taken and you can leave work on time
- Social activities – regular catch-ups outside of work to ensure we maintain a strong team bond
- Supportive environment – all staff have access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing development – we provide in-depth induction, ongoing training and learning programs to support your personal and career development
It's time to apply
If you possess the skills, experience, passion and dedication to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please prepare a cover letter specifically highlighting why you think that this is an ideal role for you together with a fully up to date resume and click on the APPLY BUTTON below to submit your application.
Visit our website to find out more about our extraordinary organisation!
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.