- Consultation and workup of referred and first opinion cases
- Purpose-built Emergency and Specialist facility with state of the art equipment
- A culture that believes in work/life balance
We are looking for a caring and professional Vet with a strong interest in Emergency Medicine . A great workplace culture with like-minded individuals is important to us. We are a team of Vets, Nurses and Support Staff that are active in sharing knowledge and have a strong focus on continuous improvement in knowledge, skills and practices.
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose-built facility that has state of the art equipment which will allow us to provide the absolute best care to patients in conjunction with our exceptional staff. The emergency service is a 24 hour a day service with a team of experienced and supportive Vets working together for the betterment of our patients and clients.
The referral team comprises of full-time surgical specialists, full time medicine specialists a full-time imaging service in addition to our dermatology specialist and dental service.
- We like shiny gadgets – and are lucky to have a lot of them; so in addition to the usual AGFA digital radiography and Phillips Affinity and CX-50 ultrasounds, you’ll also have access to 16 Slice GE Lightspeed CT, Olympus and Pentax endoscopy, IDEXX internal lab, fluid/syringe pumps, and more ventilators and multi-parameter monitors than you can shake a critical case at. We have ready access to MRI.
- We love clients as much as we love their pets – you’ll need a big heart to work here
- We are professional – we hold ourselves to high standards and you should too.
- We are a team of Vets, Nurses and Support Staff that are active in sharing knowledge and have a strong focus on continuous improvement in knowledge, skills and practices. A good workplace culture with likeminded individuals is important to us.
- We believe in a work/life balance; we like our staff to work hard, then have time off to live their lives outside work.
Excellent vet. The front desk staff, nurses and vets are all fantastic. If you live in the area or have an emergency I wouldn’t go anywhere but here – Dean Kitchin (Google Review)
About this role
- This is a supported after-hours role involving consultation and workup of referred and first opinion cases. Depending on the shift the focus may be consulting, procedures or inpatient management.
- We have surgical specialist backup, and there is always someone to call or provide advice.
- You will need to be involved in keeping clients informed and happy – guiding them and communicating in a effective and concise manner is integral. Soothing their fears is a big part of the job;
- Hours involve weekdays, nights and weekends. We are ideally looking for a full time Veterinarian. We aim to structure a roster that is reasonable and regular so you can plan your life ahead and still enjoy and be awake for your times off.
- Has excellent communication skills… both written and oral and must be fluent in English;
- Loves animals AND their owners…. you must be able to treat both with care and respect;
- 2 or more years post-graduation. We are looking for someone with a sound knowledge base that we can build upon or with a good strong medical basis behind them.
- “Organised” and must be your middle name, we work in an environment where you need to have strong prioritisation and multi-tasking skills.
- We expect a high level of critical thought.
- You value collegiality and a positive working relationship with all staff and demonstrate that in your interactions with your co-workers.
We are located in Roseberry in the heart of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and surrounded by great cafes, shopping and things to see and do. Easy access to the city and the beaches plus plenty of quality schools, parks and leisure activities for individuals, couples and families alike.
It's time to apply
For further information, contact Dom Paton on +61 (0) 414 704 246
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.