- The Byron Bay Wildlife Hospital (BBWH) is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated wildlife Veterinarian
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Veterinarian with demonstrated wildlife experience. Byron Bay Wildlife Hospital is an exciting new development in north-eastern New South Wales. Our mission is to conserve, protect and ensure positive welfare outcomes for Australian wildlife through treatment, rehabilitation, research and education.
The Byron Bay Wildlife Hospital
- Full-time Veterinarian
- Expressions of interest
The Byron Bay Wildlife Hospital (BBWH) is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Veterinarian with demonstrated wildlife experience.
BBWH is an exciting new development in north-eastern New South Wales. Our mission is to conserve, protect and ensure positive welfare outcomes for Australian wildlife through treatment, rehabilitation, research and education.
The role is permanent full-time (2 year fixed term contract with a 6 month probationary period) and will initially be based at the Lennox Head Veterinary Hospital until BBWH facilities are established.
The goal of this foundation veterinary role is to develop and establish a rescue, treatment, and rehabilitation service for native wildlife in the Northern Rivers region of NSW. The role will also play a crucial part in assisting BBWH in establishing the permanent wildlife hospital. Training and mentorship by BBWH Board member veterinarians will be provided, and further education is encouraged and supported.
We are looking for someone who
- Has a passion for wildlife medicine and is willing to work with Australian native mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians
- Is enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Has a sensible, pragmatic approach to treatment of injured, diseased and orphaned wildlife
- Is compassionate with a commitment to positive welfare outcomes for wildlife
- Is self-motivated and can work independently and as part of a team
- Has the ability to network and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Willing to assist in various aspects of the development of a purpose built wildlife hospital
- Veterinary degree registrable in New South Wales
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in veterinary practice, and experience in the treatment
and rehabilitation of wildlife
- Class C, NSW drivers licence; current licence to use radiation sources (diagnostic veterinary radiography); and a category A, B NSW firearms licence or ability to obtain one
- Have or obtain a tetanus, Q fever and rabies vaccination
- Demonstrated planning, organisational, accurate record keeping, fact finding and data
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in database applications and Microsoft Office
- Good public speaking skills and comfortable being filmed/speaking to media
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to
establish effective working relationships and produce reports/protocols
If you are looking for and exciting opportunity in wildlife medicine and would like to be a part of the newly established Byron Bay Wildlife Hospital in the outstanding Byron Bay region, please e-mail your enquiry or expression of interest (include a cover letter in which all the essential criteria are carefully addressed [no more than two pages], a current CV and the names and contact details of two referees) by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.