- Ambulatory Equine Veterinarian who can work independently. Phone and nurse support provided.
- 4 day week (8am - 6pm). Shared on call roster with 2 other full time equine vets. Work life balance encouraged.
- Quality horse area with an interesting and diverse case load. Opportunity to treat other farm animals also.
Ambulatory Equine Vet required who is a good communicator, a team player and who is passionate about being a Horse Vet. Established client base and interesting work. Great area to live and work ,with an abundance of choice for recreation.
Experienced Veterinarian who had been with our team for 8 years has left to pursue a career in research. This is an exciting opportunity for another Equine Veterinarian to join our team and, depending on experience to start with a full case load. There is abundant good quality, interesting and diverse equine work. A Veterinarian who not only has an interest in horses but also farm animals could build their part of the practice also, sharing the after hours with other enthusiastic Veterinarians.
All Horses Veterinary Services is a 3.5 vet equine practice which has had steady growth since it was opened ten years ago. We are proud of the service we provide, offering all aspects of equine ambulatory care. We have a mixed range of experience but support each other as a team. We have experienced nursing staff who are shared between the veterinarians for more difficult consults, busy days and field surgeries.
Further education is encouraged and knowledge is shared between the other members of the All Horses Veterinary team. It is a great practice because the work is diverse and it is a great place to live.
A dedicated team of Vets that go above and beyond their duty of care! I highly recommend AHVS to anyone living in the Redlands and surrounding areas. – Vanessa McFarlane (Google Review)
About this role
Responsibilities in this role, depending on experience would include:
- Routine equine dentals, vaccination and preventive health care.
- Emergency work – stitch ups, colics, eyes
- Lameness exams
- Yearling x-rays
- Reproductive work
- Pre-purchase exams.
- Field surgeries eg. castrations
We are looking for:
- A passionate equine veterinarian who is capable of is capable of working and communicating independently. At least 2 years experience would be desirable.
- A veterinarian who genuinely cares about their team, their patients and their owners
- A veterinarian who wants to progress themselves and the practice in both professional development and the provision of great service with best outcomes for the patient and client.
- A veterinarian who understands that good service, documentation and billing are as essential as great diagnostic expertise.
All Horses Veterinary Services is located mid way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, close to Moreton Bay. We are a few minutes off the M1 with easy access to the areas we service.
There are a plethora of schools, community and sporting clubs, the trappings of Brisbane City within 35 minutes of our office and to the South, the Gold Coast beaches (45 minutes). Moreton Bay is 10 minutes drive with access to Stradbroke and other small inhabited islands very close also.
- Full time veterinarian. Four days, 8am to 6pm worked between Monday and Friday.
- Base salary $60 – 100,000 depending on experience.
- Shared after hours, including weekends which is remunerated.
- 4 weeks annual leave.
- Work vehicle stocked with gear provided. Phone and ipad provided (Ezyvet software system).
- Professional development encouraged. Conferences negotiated between the veterinary team and paid for or subsidised.
- Statutory superannuation paid.
It's time to apply
If you are an enthusiastic Equine Veterinarian, or even a large animal veterinarian, we believe this is an exciting job opportunity with lots of possibilities.
To apply, please prepare a cover letter addressing this particular job and why this is an ideal role for you, together with a fully up to date resume, including referees.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.