After Hours Veterinary Emergency Centre
We are a dedicated emergency & critical care team, with focused training and qualifications in this field. Over two dozen veterinary hospitals refer their clients to us when they are closed, so they can provide optimum care during their regular opening hours.
Emergency & Critical Care
Tasmania’s first and only dedicated After Hours Veterinary Emergency Centre is looking for an experienced Veterinarian.
- Competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience)
- Permanent Part-Time or Permanent Full-Time
- Usual hours of work: 32-38 Hours (flexibility available)
- Usual work location: 37 Derwent Park Road, Moonah, Hobart
- Waged (non-salaried) position
AHVEC occupies a new purpose-built hospital and offers an excellent standard of care. We are equipped with digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, full IDEXX laboratory and ABL90 blood gas machine. Our dedicated intensive care unit has a ventilator that gets lots of use in summer with snake envenomations.
You will be working with a team of experienced Veterinarians and Nurses who will support you every step of the way. Several of our Vets have MANZCVS in Emergency & Critical Care, Medicine of Cats and Small Animal Medicine. The nursing staff are talented and helpful.
Great patient care is delivered through teamwork and having a supportive work environment, therefore we employ based on skills, team fit and eagerness to improve, rather than experience alone (although that is also welcome). This has resulted in a very stable veterinary team with low turnover.
We are looking for
- A demonstrated capacity to make confident well considered decisions and dedicated to providing positive outcomes.
- An experienced and committed Vet with a proactive attitude
- Driven to providing exceptional animal care services and building long term client relationships
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team and clinic
Benefits and perks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Busy and varied caseload
- Custom built, modern and well-equipped hospital
- Friendly, experienced team
- Support and encouragement with your continuing education
- Very supportive environment
As an after-hours veterinary practice the rostered hours will be a mix of shifts that span:
- Public Holidays
To apply for this exceptional opportunity click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.