Sydney Animal Hospitals- Norwest
We have been proudly providing high quality vet care to our local communities of pet owners since 1990 and we are a 100% independent and owner-operated group of six A Class Veterinary Hospitals.
Weekend Veterinarian Extraordinaire!
- Sharpen your skills by joining an established veterinary hospital with a high case load including emergency
- You are compassionate, focused, experienced (minimum 2 years), and will join as the weekend team’s lead vet.
- You will be paid your worth, and more, with casual rates comparable to referral centres without the after hours!
The Weekend Veterinarian is an integral part of our team here at Sydney Animal Hospitals Norwest, with the previous superstar having held the position for three years before seeking new pastures:
“I have really enjoyed my time at Norwest, it has been a great learning experience for me and I have worked with exceptional vets, nurses and practice management that is a cut above anywhere else I have ever worked before.“
And we are continually improving both in the care of our staff and quality of medicine. We have recently introduced ‘Fruity Fridays’, where there is fresh fruit delivered weekly to keep our team healthy and happy. We have also sent our vets on CPD conferences including Vets On Tour, intensive CVE, AVA and Science Week.
Now we are looking for the next superstar for our thriving hospital at an exciting time as we grow our service range and add to our skills and resources to deliver best practice and high-quality medicine, treatment and prevention.
Sydney Animal Hospitals Norwest is a purpose built, busy and established veterinary hospital located in the booming suburb of Bella Vista. We are 35 minutes away from Sydney CBD and close to fantastic cafes, restaurants and parks. We provide general, emergency and referral veterinary services and have in-house specialists for more complex cases.
We have a compassionate, experienced and friendly veterinary team with the principal of the practice being an experienced orthopaedic surgeon. Our other veterinarians have keen interest in emergency medicine, behaviour and diagnostic imaging.
Check out our youtube video below…
Our clinic is modern and filled with all the facilities needed to provide the highest standard of care:
- DR Digital Fuji X-ray Machine
- Port- XII Dental X-ray
- Sonoscape top of the range Ultrasound Machine
- Idexx Catalyst and Procyte instruments
- Rx Works Practice Management
- SmartFlow Patient Management
- Icare Tonometer
- A complete and up to date pharmacy
About This Role
You already have been a veterinarian for a few years and have amassed key general practice and emergency medicine skills. This role will allow you to hone in those skills while also being at the forefront of best practice preventative medicine. Here are just a few recent cases we have had:
- Jack Russel Terrier that required staged surgery for third degree burns
- Young Rottweiler for a total hip replacement
- Cherry eye repair in a Burmese cat
- Labrador that had ‘brownies’ over Easter
- Health checks for ten, two week old Labrador pups
An overview of your responsibilities:
- Examine and triage pets to promptly diagnose their short and long term health issues and recommend best practice treatment
- Consult with clients regarding best practice preventative medicine solutions for their pets to ensure exceptional quality of life
- Emergency medicine and surgery skills.
- The ability to support the team of experienced nurses and techs by providing
- Genuine care and compassion for pets and their owners.
- Eager and budding personality with excellent communication, medicine and competent surgery skills.
- Ability to work every second Saturday (3-11pm). Some sole charge involved with the support of qualified and highly skilled nurses.
- Hourly rate starting from $60.00/hour – $80.00/hour plus super, negotiable depending on applicant’s experience and job commitment.
It’s Time to Apply
If you enjoy working in a busy and friendly work environment and want to push yourself in becoming the best vet you can be, then then this position is yours!
Click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.