Lort Smith Animal Hospital
We are the busiest Animal Hospital in Australia. Our 63 vets and 110 vet nurses provided high-quality veterinary care for approximately 25,000 animals each year.
Emergency & Critical Care Lead Veterinarian
We are currently searching for a Permanent Full Time Emergency and Critical Care Lead Veterinarian to join us at the Lort Smith Animal Hospital in North Melbourne. You will have experience in a similar role and MUST be dedicated to providing high quality veterinary care to our clients.
Lort Smith’s mission is to improve the health and happiness of animals and the people who care for them. We do this via three very important streams of work; in our hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care and preserving the human-animal bond irrespective of a person’s circumstance; in our adoption centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and a new home for animals; and through our community outreach programs by promoting responsible pet ownership and nurturing the human-animal bond. To learn more about Lort Smith go to: www.lortsmith.com
As a senior member of the Lort Smith Veterinarian Team, the Veterinarian, Emergency & Critical Care is responsible for delivering the highest quality veterinarian services and outcomes for patients and clients during emergency and hospitalisation periods. This position focuses on quality of service provision, creating and maintaining clinical standards and clinical team leadership.
Duties will include but not be limited to
- Providing expert advice and information to pet owners
- Treating complex emergency and critical care cases
- Undertaking surgical procedures where required
- Ensuring efficiency of the Accident and Emergency service
- Working closely with the Head of Hospital and Head Veterinarians ensuring that teams are appropriately resourced for all shifts
- Promoting and modelling awareness of and responsibility for OH&S practises
- Driving and supporting the clinical quality program
- Actively participating in clinical quality maintenance and improvement programs
You will have
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Exceptional animal and client care standards
- Proven experience in emergency medicine and surgery
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Ability to collaboratively manage clinical cases with fellow team members and build rapport with clients
- Ability to work a roster which may involve day, evening, weekend and public holiday shifts, including overnight shifts (penalty rates apply).
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work sole charge
What we can offer you
- An extremely varied and interesting caseload and the opportunity to provide exceptional veterinary care to animals who would otherwise go without, due to their owners’ financial disadvantage.
- The opportunity to work with modern equipment required to practise high quality veterinary medicine, including an exciting new CT Scan.
- Generous salary and an exceptional continuing education allowance inclusive of leave, relevant expenses and course registration fees.
- Commitment to you career development through access to continued education, skill- sharing and education programs and regular performance reviews
- A flexible and varied roster
Overseas and Interstate applications are welcome. Visa sponsorship and relocation costs would be considered for the right candidate.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.