Our Clinics have teams of highly-skilled Vets & Nurses who make sure that the welfare of animals always comes first, and who are responsible for providing care to our shelter animals, as well privately owned pets in the community.
- Seeking more responsibility and an opportunity to further develop special interests?
- Best of both worlds – deliver excellence in medical and surgical service to private clients and gain exposure to shelter medicine
- Make a difference in animal welfare with a leading not-for-profit organisation
- Total Fixed Remuneration (TFR) from $91,864 commensurate with experience
About the RSPCA
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Vet to join our Burwood East team, on a full-time or part-time basis, taking on more responsibility and expanding their skills at a Band 3 level.
As a Vet with the RSPCA no two days are the same. In this role, you will experience working with a large and varied caseload, shelter medicine and small animal medicine, various routine and complex surgeries and a supportive team around you. The clinic team of over 40 Vets and Vet Nursing staff work in a hospital which is fully computerised and well-equipped, including state of the art ultrasound, digital and dental x-rays, iM3 dental and IDEXX diagnostic equipment.
The diverse and interesting role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to:
- Deliver excellence in medical and surgical service to private clients
- Gain exposure to unique shelter animal work, including working with an in-house Animal Behaviour team
- Work with and learn from special interest practitioners, in areas such as medicine and orthopaedics
- Develop special interest skills through CPD opportunities including 5 days Study leave per year, annual CPD allowance, and Wotherspoon Scholarship
- Support our crucial Inspectorate casework, providing veterinary services to animals which are subject to cruelty allegations
- Further develop mentoring skills and take on leadership roles within the team and organisation
- Help in emergency response situations
- Assist the RSPCA Education and Learning team to facilitate programs educating the Victorian community on the welfare of animals.
To be successful in this position, you will need the following skills, experience, qualifications and licenses:
- Victoria Veterinary surgeon registration with minimum of 4-5 years experience working as a full time Veterinarian
- The capability to conduct simple to complex clinical consultations and surgical procedures independently
- The ability and desire to coach/mentor less experienced Vets
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written, and exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to operate as a team player, generate enthusiasm in the team and build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Resilience and a strong collaborative drive
- A desire to work with the community to improve animal welfare outcomes
- Victorian drivers’ licence, radiation use license and microchipping implantation certificate
- For Full-time position: Availability to work 38h/week across a seven-day rotating roster, which includes 1 in 4 weekends and some public holidays.
How to Apply
For further information, please contact our Senior Vets, Dr Stefanie Smith and Dr Christina Tee on +61 (0)3 9224 2222.
If you‘d like to work with our team and make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals, click on the APPLY NOW button to send your Resume and Cover Letter.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.