Our Clinics have teams of highly-skilled Vets & Nurses who make sure that the welfare of pets always comes first, and who are responsible for providing care to our shelter animals, as well privately owned pets in the community.
Senior Veterinarian – Surgery
- Want to make a difference in animal welfare with a leading not-for-profit organisation?
- Exciting leadership opportunity at RSPCA Victoria, Burwood East
- Permanent Full-Time position
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced veterinarian with a special interest in surgery to lead, manage and mentor a team of passionate veterinarians and veterinary nurses at RSPCA (Victoria) Burwood East.
Working alongside our two Senior Veterinarians, you will:
- Provide operational and team leadership particularly in small animal surgery, management and supervision to our Veterinary Services team at Burwood East, and develop a team of staff to the highest level of performance, engagement and job satisfaction.
- Deliver quality veterinary services to shelter, private and Inspectorate animals within RSPCA Victoria clinics particularly in the provision of complex surgical consultations and surgical procedures.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Animal Health & Behaviour and Operations business plan.
- Provide great service to internal and external customers and educate members of the public to influence positive animal welfare outcomes and promote the services of the organisation.
- Create a positive working environment by effectively communicating and collaborating with team members, as well as peers across the organisation
- Work with our Veterinary team to formulate best practice medical protocols and standard operating procedures particularly in the area of small animal surgery, and continually reviewing and improving
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing and supervising a team, with demonstrated leadership skills required to coach and develop the capability of veterinarians.
- Experience practising as a Veterinarian in a shelter or private clinic environment, with the ability to conduct complex surgical consultations and surgical procedures and provide detailed advice in complex areas of veterinary science;
- Received and completed additional study in small animal surgery, with the ability to perform non-routine soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery. Ideally attainment of the ANZCVS membership in small animal surgery or intention in gaining membership will be advantageous.
- The ability to operate as a team player & generate enthusiasm in the team.
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced and busy practice.
- The ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A desire to work with people to improve animal welfare outcomes and achieve the best possible welfare for every animal in our care.
- Able to work across a seven-day rotating roster including weekends and public holidays as required.
You will also be required to the hold the following licences and qualifications:
- Registered veterinary surgeon in Victoria.
- Hold an Australian driver’s licence.
- Hold a radiation use licence and microchipping implantation certificate.
- Be willing to provide evidence of a current tetanus vaccination or be willing to get a tetanus vaccination.
How to Apply
If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please click on the APPLY BUTTON below, and then on the page you are directed to, please click Apply Online (top left or bottom left hand corner) to submit your cover letter and your resume.
For more information about this role, please contact Dr Emma Bronts, Chief Veterinarian, at email@example.com
Applications will close on 30 October 2018.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Vet Technician jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Management jobs and Pet Marketing and Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.