Website The Gap Veterinary Surgery
We recognise that a pet is a life in itself, deserving of respect and the best of care we can give. We are grateful to our clients for trusting in our abilities and honestly strive to provide the most complete service we can, always with good humour and compassion.
- 3 Vet + Support Team practice
- Quality-focussed care
- Great team-oriented culture
Join our Team and experience the quality Veterinary environment you have been seeking…
Just 15 minutes from the Brisbane CBD, yet surrounded by parks and forest, our Veterinary Surgery has built a solid reputation over many years for providing best practice Veterinary Care. Our clients trust our abilities, honesty and transparency as we strive to provide the most complete service we can, always with good humour and compassion.
We are a full-service, small animal Veterinary Hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories.
We recognise that the quality of our Team is what sets us apart which also means that as we begin our search, you can be assured of the respect and esteem we have for talented Veterinary Nurses in particular. Join us and help grow our practice and enjoy our happy team environment.
About The Job
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great Veterinary Nurse. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Communicate with pet owners, gaining their trust and reassuring them about their animal’s treatment
- Maintain and handle animals while veterinarians examine and perform procedures
- Undertaking diagnostic tests
- Preparing and sending off laboratory samples
- Preparing animals for surgery
- Administering drugs, anaesthetics and injections
- Provide nursing care to hospitalised patients, including patient monitoring and health checking
- You are empathetic, patient and have a genuine concern for animals
- You have excellent all-round Veterinary Nurse knowledge, skills and abilities
- You have great communication skills with clients, patients and fellow team members
- You are highly organised and have a great eye for detail
- You are formally qualified
- Ideally you have 2+ years’ experience
- An interest in native animals will be well regarded
We also have another opportunity available if you have just completed or are nearing the completion of your Veterinary Nurse qualifications.
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Support for your Continuing Education
- Practical skills guidance and development from our Team
It’s Time To Apply
If you would like to have a preliminary chat regarding this opportunity, please call Dr Chris Jensen on +61 0 3300 1533. To apply please click on the APPLY BUTTON below send to your Resume and Cover Letter.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Vet Technician jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Management jobs and Pet Marketing and Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com