Website RSPCA Victoria
Our Clinics have teams of highly-skilled Vets & Nurses who make sure that the welfare of pets always comes first, and who are responsible for providing care to our shelter animals, as well privately owned pets in the community.
- Looking to make a difference in animal welfare with a leading not-for-profit organisation?
- Fantastic opportunity to further develop your skills as part of our great team
- Locum position based in Epping
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across the state we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a locum Veterinarian to join our team at the RPSCA Victoria Epping Animal Welfare Facility clinic. The successful candidate will provide high quality veterinary care to all sick and injured shelter animals by ensuring the provision of a quality service and education to promote responsible animal guardianship.
As a veterinarian with the RSPCA no day will be the same. Our Epping Animal Welfare Facility is fully computerised and well-equipped, including iM3 dental equipment.
Working with a team of vets and vet nurses, this diverse and interesting role will provide the successful candidates with an opportunity to:
- Deliver excellence in medical and surgical service to shelter clients
- Work on occasions with special interest practitioners in ophthalmology, ultrasonography, internal medicine and orthopaedic surgery
- Help in emergency response situations
- Assist the RSPCA Education and Learning team to facilitate programs educating the Victorian community on the welfare of animals
Applicants will be required to work over a rotating roster which includes weekends and public holidays as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills, experience, qualifications and licenses:
- Strong interest in animal welfare, shelter medicine and small animal medicine and surgery
- Be a registered veterinary surgeon in Victoria
- Hold a radiation use license and microchipping implantation certificate
- Hold a valid Victorian drivers’ licence (ideally)
- Have previous experience working in a busy practice
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to operate as a team player
- Ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Resilience and the ability to bounce back from occasional setbacks
- Desire to work with people to improve animal welfare outcomes
For further information about this role, please contact Dr Emma Bronts, Chief Veterinarian, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please click on the APPLY BUTTON below.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Vet Technician jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Management jobs and Pet Marketing and Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job please visit rspcavic.turborecruit.com.au.