Website The Gables Veterinary Group
With our professional facilities we offer complete veterinary care for our patients, from consultations to hospitalisation and surgery. Continuity of care is very important to us, so the initial consulting Vet sees each patient for all successive consults.
Join our 4 vet team
- Great opportunity to enhance your surgical, medical and critical care skills
- In Canberra, Australia – a fantastic, liveable city with iconic national attractions and a vibrant café culture
- Base salary up to $90,000 per year plus benefits
- Assistance with Visa Sponsorship available
Start the next phase of your veterinary career by joining our highly professional team, dedicated to providing the highest standard of veterinary care to all our patients….
At The Gables Vet Group we have achieved an enviable reputation for delivering empathetic and expert veterinary services to our fantastic clients. We are well equipped to provide orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, medicine and critical care and encourage our team members, both vets and vet nurses (our nurses are all enrolled in or have Cert IV qualifications), to excel in their training and expertise. We attend to companion animals for the most part but also have a smattering of farm and equine patients. New graduates are welcome to start their career with us and applicants with more experience will find a stimulating environment with an exceptional array of daily cases to challenge and at times amuse. We realise that in a city like Canberra you need work/life balance in order to experience the numerous sporting, cultural and social events on offer here and so our roster is designed to that end.
Who we are looking for
- A qualified vet with a passion for your chosen career and an interest in learning new skills or enhancing those already acquired.
- A candidate with the ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- A candidate with high emotional intelligence and the ability to empathize with families.
- A candidate who works well with other team members.
Salary and benefits
- A starting base salary of up to $90,000 per annum + super and benefits
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 1 week paid CE leave
- Encourage further education and training, both in house and externally
- Provide you with a continuing education allowance after 12 months
Our practice occupies a great niche in a veterinary world of impersonal corporate and large multi vet practices, we are large and well equipped enough to provide the best veterinary care, yet small enough to maintain that family practice feel. Find out more by applying with a cover letter highlighting why you would be interested in this position together with an up to date resume.
You can be small animal only oriented or also enjoy the occasional large animal call. You can be from Australia or overseas but your degree needs to be registerable in Australia. We will help a successful international applicant with visa sponsorship.
For a preliminary chat please call Dr Marc Pilkington BVMS GCertSAECC on +61 (0)2 6292 4569. Please apply by e-mail to by clicking on the APPLY BUTTON below.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Vet Technician jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in Australia makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Management jobs and Pet Marketing and Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com