Website East Island Animal Hospital
Our mission is simple - to provide the highest quality, most compassionate and caring service to each and every animal and owner who gives us the privilege of being their veterinarians and their veterinary hospital.
Senior Veterinarian – Small Animal
Are you looking for the opportunity to truly make something of your veterinary career?
You will be based at our completely renovated new purpose-built facility, spanning 4 interlinked premises in Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong Island East, designed to WSAVA gold accreditation standards.
Your caseload will be diverse and will include a wide range of medical and surgical cases. We are strongly supportive of personal growth and professional education and pride ourselves in allowing you to advance your veterinary career in the direction that interests you most – be that medical, surgical, management or something we haven’t even thought of yet. Many of our vets have gone on to develop their own special-interest niche areas within our practices.
You will have all our resources at your disposal, including over 50 co-workers at our practices, top-notch technical and nursing staff, 24-hour patient care and a very high level of surgical, medical and diagnostic equipment. Our hospital is well equipped with multiple surgical suites, digital radiography, in house laboratory (including blood gas analysers), ultrasound and Storz Endoscope. You will also have the support of highly-trained and experienced professional colleagues who are happy to lend a hand, teach a skill or give an opinion if needed. All our nurses are highly trained (we don’t hire inexperienced support staff), to allow you to focus on your vet work.
The position offers rewarding base salary with a generous profit-sharing and incentive program. Salary starts from $140,000AUD to $185,000AUD per year with additional profit share. With approximately 15% local tax, this makes for a very attractive salary package.
We are looking for the right person to fill this role, and if you think it might be you, we’d like to talk further.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position, please forward your details to Trilby White by clicking on the Apply Button below.
- 5 days per week (some weekend work is required)
- 4 weeks’ annual leave and a week’s study leave
- A rewarding base salary from $140,000AUD to $185,000AUD per year (depending on experience) with additional profit share. With approximately 15% local tax, this makes for a very attractive salary package.
- Supported by a highly trained nursing team.
- Progressive Australian management. We are here to provide a supportive and positive working environment so our vets can focus on being vets.
- Relocation bonus of $4000AUD (if relocating from outside Hong Kong)
- We are committed to professional advancement for all our staff and support further education both financially and with study leave
- Advancement opportunities
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a dynamic and progressive team member, with supervisory experience and capable of managing complex medical cases
- Has at least 4 years’ experience in general veterinary practice preferably with oversight of other staff
- Can communicate effectively and build strong relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Has a degree registerable in Hong Kong (including degrees from Australia, UK & Europe, South Africa, USA)
Why Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong provides a unique life experience for people wanting to experience Asia at it’s most exciting. As a British colony until 1997 the city is part Chinese, part English – making it an ideal combination of Chinese culture in a city easy to get around, clean and safe, with no difficulties for English speaking residents.
- Hong Kong’s Chek Lap Kok airport is one of the world’s busiest, providing direct flights to most major cities worldwide. Hong Kong is an ideal location from which to explore the rest of Asia. Popular weekend getaway destinations include Thailand, China, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Some of the lowest taxation rates and lowest crime rates in the world.
- Country Parks account for 40% of Hong Kong’s total area, making an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Sailing, wakeboarding, swimming, hiking, triathlon and running are all very popular pastimes.
- Dozens of international schools provide world class education opportunities for children.
If you’re interested in an exciting and ever-evolving career in veterinary medicine and this sounds like the position for you, we’d like to speak further.
For more information or to submit your resume, please click on the Apply Button below. Learn more about us at www.eastislandvets.com.hk.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Vet jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Practice Manager jobs and Vet Locum jobs in Australia make the process of Veterinary job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Grooming jobs and Pet Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Vet Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Nurses, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org