Our mission is to improve the welfare of animals through leadership, collaboration with stakeholders and the provision of quality services.
Experienced Veterinary Nurse
- 12 month fixed term agreement – full time
- Limited public interface
- Working with a variety of different animals
- Opportunity to make a difference working for a key stakeholder in animal welfare
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA is the state’s leading voice in animal welfare. On an average day, we employ around 90 staff and we have the support of an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently toward preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
The veterinary clinic based at the RSPCA WA shelter in Malaga provides services for the shelter animals and the RSPCA WA Inspectorate. The facility is fully equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, surgivet monitor, in house biochemistry, CBC and pulse oximetery equipment. The role involves weekly rotations between surgery, shelter and wards. As we do not offer a veterinary service to the public, there is no reception work, but the role does still require liaison between departments and basic administration.
This role is aimed at a Level 4 Veterinary Nurse who is able to work unsupervised and does not require supervision from a veterinary surgeon for general, and more complex, nursing tasks.
12 month fixed term agreement for successful candidate in a full time capacity.
Carry out all nursing tasks without instruction including (but not limited to):
- Preparation of animals for surgery
- Anaesthetic monitoring
- Co-ordination of clinic admissions
- Stock control
- Conduct radiography under instruction from veterinarian, and help with more junior staff members
- Provide assistance to volunteers and other nursing/support staff as required and maintain a friendly, helpful manner at all times
- Provide general animal care, including feeding, cleaning, exercising of animals in care, without requiring any veterinary supervision or requiring additional assistance
- Assist with providing feedback/information to foster carers on current medical status and appropriate care/treatment, either prior to the animal going on foster or after a re-check, as required
- Be willing to assist or handle a wide variety of animals, with appropriate training as required. Advise other team members on how to do this safely and do this in a manner to reduce potential for harm to both persons and animals at all times
- Comply with workplace policies and procedures, including Occupational Safety and Health and Equal Opportunity legislation.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Certificate 4, Qualified, Veterinary Nurse
- Driver’s License
We confidently fight the good fight to prevent animal cruelty, we work hard, we’re highly skilled, we believe in what we do and we have a great time doing it! Working at RSPCA WA you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day.
- It’s a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted external veterinary services and RSPCA approved eggs
To apply for this role please click on the Apply Button below to send your Cover Letter and Resume.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Vet jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Practice Manager jobs and Vet Locum jobs in Australia make the process of Veterinary job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Grooming jobs and Pet Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Vet Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Nurses, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job email your details to HumanResources@rspcawa.asn.au