Our Clinics have teams of highly-skilled Vets & Nurses who make sure that the welfare of pets always comes first, and who are responsible for providing care to our shelter animals, as well privately owned pets in the community.
Veterinarians – Full Time & Part Time Roles
- Looking to make a difference in animal welfare with a leading not-for-profit organisation?
- Join a great team with supportive management, and make a difference with RSPCA Victoria
- Full-time and part-time opportunities based in Burwood East
About the RSPCA
RSPCA Victoria is a highly respected animal welfare not-for-profit organisation that actively works towards ending cruelty to animals, by promoting care and protection through awareness and education campaigns. With over 400 staff and 2,900 volunteers across Victoria, we enjoy a diverse breadth of knowledge, skills and experience, but share a like-minded commitment to animal welfare.
About the role
We currently have several opportunities for experienced Veterinarians to join our clinic team at Burwood East. The vacancies available are full-time and part-time positions.
As a Vet with the RSPCA no two days are the same. You’ll be supported in the role by an ability to work with a large and varied caseload, a strong interest in animal welfare, shelter medicine and small animal medicine and surgery, and a supportive management team.
The clinic team of over 17 Vets and Vet Nursing staff work in a hospital which is fully computerised and well-equipped, including ultrasound, digital and dental x-rays, iM3 dental and IDEXX diagnostic equipment.
These roles are diverse and interesting and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to:
- Deliver excellence in medical and surgical service to private clients
- Gain exposure to unique shelter animal work, including working with an in-house Animal Behaviour team
- Work with and learn from special interest practitioners, in areas such as medicine and orthopaedics
- Support our crucial Inspectorate casework, providing veterinary services to animals which are subject to cruelty allegations
- Help in emergency response situations
- Develop mentoring skills and take on more leadership within the team
- Assist the RSPCA Education and Learning team to facilitate programs educating the Victorian community on the welfare of animals.
- Take 5 days of paid study leave for full-time vets (pro rata for part-time vets) and access professional development opportunities
To be successful in this position, you will need the following skills, experience, qualifications and licenses:
- Victoria Veterinary surgeon registration
- A Victorian drivers’ licence (ideally), radiation use license and microchipping implantation certificate
- Previous experience working in a busy practice
- Strong interest in animal welfare, shelter medicine and small animal medicine and surgery
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written, and exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to operate as a team player, demonstrate strong collaborative skills, and build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Resilience and the ability to bounce back from occasional setbacks
- A desire to work with the community to improve animal welfare outcomes
- Availability to work across a seven-day rotating roster, which includes weekends and some public holidays
Potential TSS/482 visa sponsorships may be available for the right applicant.
How to Apply
If you’d like to work with our team and make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and our advertisement to download the Position Description and Apply Online today or click on the Apply Button below.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Vet jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Practice Manager jobs and Vet Locum jobs in Australia make the process of Veterinary job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Grooming jobs and Pet Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Vet Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Nurses, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.
To apply for this job please visit rspcavic.turborecruit.com.au.