Vet & Pet Jobs – Enews #51
In this week’s Vet & Pet Jobs enews…
- Not Getting Enough Applicants For Your Job Ad?
- Why Place A Job Ad With Vet & Pet Jobs?
- This Weeks’ Featured Jobs
- Vet News From Around The Web
Thanks so much for being part of our community; your kind feedback and suggestions are so supportive and helpful…we really do appreciate you sharing and recommending us to your friends and colleagues.
You know how important it is to have a great team for your veterinary practice. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to put together a compelling story and prompt an immediate response that will help bring in the staff you need for your practice. These key strategies will help…
- Strategy #1: Sell Yourself
- Strategy #2: Do Your Research
- Strategy #3: Write Your Ad The Right Way
- Strategy #4: Fish Where The Fish Are
If you’re struggling to get the right applicants for your open positions, discover the full story about the importance of each of these strategies and how to implement them to maximise your Job Ad response rates. More…
Veterinary & Pet Career Opportunities
Your dream job and next career step working with animals is only a few clicks away. Find a career working with animals in a variety of fields from Vet Jobs to Vet Nurses Jobs, Vet Practice Manager Jobs and more; and in Pet Care there are opportunities in Pet Retail Management and Customer Service as well as for Groomers, Trainers, and Territory Sales roles.
And now, from around the web…
Focus On Hypothermia in the Operating Room
Keeping any anesthetized animal from hypothermia before, during, and after surgery is a delicate balance of monitoring during treatment and avoiding potential complications when the animal is recovering. This article provides a case study of a Yorkshire terrier under anesthesia during surgery, along with the pathophysiology of hypotension and methods that can be used to manage it during and after surgery.
Tick Paralysis: Solving an Enigma
In comparison to other arachnids, ticks are major vectors of disease, but less than 8% of the known species are capable of inducing paralysis, as compared to the ~99–100% arachnids that belong to venomous classes.
Practice Profile: Medivet Hendon
Medivet is now one of the biggest practice groups in the UK, with more than 250 sites across England and Wales. To get a better idea of how the business works, VBJ paid a visit to the place where it all began more than 30 years ago.
When your best team member excels
Consider three strategies for retaining a star employee who has reached the top of the job pay range. Here are three possibilities that you can mix and match for your unique practice needs.
Petco’s PetCoach Brand Opens First Live Location
Petco brand PetCoach, which offers online advice and pet health care information from veterinarians and other pet experts, has just opened its first physical location in San Marcos, California. The pilot store is being described as a combination of Amazon Go, the company’s cashier-less convenience stores; a pet store; and a veterinary hospital.
Vetsource Partners With Telemedicine Platform
An estimated 7 million human patients will be using remote examination services by the end of 2018, and the global telemedicine market is expected to grow nearly 15% through 2020. A similar trend is expected to take place in veterinary medicine, which is the reason behind a new partnership between Vetsource, an Oregon-based online veterinary pharmacy, and TeleVet, a remote veterinary health care app and online platform.
People complain about staff meetings but you can’t run a business without them. Here are five tips to help you ensure that your team powwows are time well spent.
Join Our LinkedIn and Facebook Groups
Join our regional LinkedIn and Facebook groups to help the industry share their career opportunities and locum gigs in a more structured way – open to everyone: job seekers, employers and recruiters – feel free to join any region that may be of interest…
- USA – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13606130
- UK – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13606125
- Australia – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13606120
- New Zealand – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13610161
- Canada – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12129073
- China – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13609374
- India – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13609394
- Asia – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13610150
- Europe – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13610165
- USA – https://www.facebook.com/groups/813901958807615/
- UK – https://www.facebook.com/groups/375365276292223/
- Australia – https://www.facebook.com/groups/217868375473818/
- New Zealand – https://www.facebook.com/groups/252155192182952/
- Canada – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1938989809444431/
- China – https://www.facebook.com/groups/384154932060665/
- India – https://www.facebook.com/groups/189770451840564/
- Asia – https://www.facebook.com/groups/367664827079841/
- Europe – https://www.facebook.com/groups/208913739886465/
…or please feel free to forward to your friends and fellow veterinary professionals.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Vet jobs, Vet Nurse jobs, Vet Practice Manager jobs and Vet Locum jobs in Australia make the process of Veterinary job hunting fast and easy. And for Pet Care professionals our listings of Pet Retail jobs, Pet Grooming jobs and Pet Sales jobs make it easy to pursue your passion for working with pets and animals.
Before you know it you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Vet Hospital, Vet Clinic or in Pet Retail, and it all starts with a click.
And for Vet Hospitals, Vet Clinics and Pet Companies, post your Ad for Veterinarians, Vet Nurses, Vet Hospital Managers, Pet Retail, Management and Marketers and more. Find the best candidates and grow your professional team. Register and post your Job Ad today.